Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Part 3 Chapter 1 Where am I?

I woke up. The room was spinning. I gripped the ground with my claws. Claws? I let the room stop spinning. I was inside a cave. It had a barred door on the mouth of the cave. I checked myself over. I was some sort of animal. I couldn't remember what. Then it hit me. I couldn't remember a thing of my past!



I walked over to the door. I could see a hall. In the hall were other doors like mine. Some of them were open while some of them weren't. I sniffed the air. I could smell others like me. I went to speak but realised there was something on my muzzle. Muzzle, I remembered that my mouth was called a muzzle because I'm an animal. I looked down my muzzle. That's when I saw something glint on my muzzle. I put my head down and tried to pull if off with my paw. It wouldn't come off. I let out a snort.



Just great was all I could think. I lost my memory. I was trapped in a cave, and I couldn't open my muzzle. I was looking for a term for it when I had another memory. Just three words, "Muzzle wired shut"



I shook my head and laid down. I was still laying down trying to remember when I heard a click and another animal like me with white fur walked in. It was followed by another that walked on only two legs. I put my tail in between my legs. Then another memory hit me. Someone telling me how to act as a . . . . wolf. So I was a wolf.



I was scared as the white wolf walked up to me. Then the wolf spoke, "Sorry about having to muzzle you but we didn't want a panic when you woke up and couldn't remember. I did however make sure it wasn't too tight on you"

I just looked at her.

"Please don't give me that look. Besides, we can't take off the muzzle untill you go back to work." I gave her a questioning look. "Yes, you do work for me. I bet you're wondering how you lost your memory. Well, on your way back here from work a rock came lose from the ceiling and hit you on the head. We did our best to treat you. We were worried if you lost your memory you would be disoriented and the look you're giving me tells me you did"

I let out a whine.

"I'm sorry but you've lived this way your entire life. We must have you go back to your regular routine so you can remember" She looked at the two legger. "I have an idea. Just to prove to him that we mean no harm bring his friend in" My ears perked up. The two legger walked out. Several minutes later it came walking back in with another black wolf. The wolf's eyes shimmered out of the grayness that they were in. My mind sparked as well. I remembered him.

"This is wolf 15" said the white wolf, "You two were good friends. Do you recognise wolf 74 wolf 15?" The black wolf just glared at the white one. I was starting to get the feeling this is how a wolf lives. Yeah, when the lead wolf walks up, put your tail in between hind legs. Some wolves envy the lead though, so they sometime glare and snarl. This wolf couldn't snarl though because just like me his muzzle was wired shut.

"Time to go back to your cell wolf 15. Bye wolf 74, I'll be watching you" Then the white wolf, and the black one walked out. That left the two legger. The two legger made me uneasy. The two legger looked at the ground. Then from a pocket they brought out a tool. It walked over to me. I cringed and closed my eyes. I felt movement on my muzzle. Then I felt the wire loosen up. Then is slipped off.

I opened my eyes. The two legger was standing there holding the wire. I looked at him and said, "Why did you take it off"

"I was ordered to let you drink and eat before you go back to work"

"Oh, well can I ask you something"

"I'll answer, if I can"

"What kind of animal are you" I asked.

"I am a human. Now hurry for I have to put this back on you. Then in a few minutes I will come and get you so you can go to work" I looked at the meat on the floor and the dish of water. I ate the food and drank all the water. I felt a little dizzy after I ate the meat but the dizziness quickly subsided. I looked at the human.

"Ok, time to put the muzzle back on you wolf 74"

My ears dropped, "Ok" I said. Then the human walked over and started to wrap the wire around my muzzle. When he started to run out of wire he put the two ends together. Then with it's tool it started to twist them together. It continued to twist. Then when the pain of it getting tighter started to make me want to yelp it stopped. This muzzle was a lot tighter than the first one. Plus it wasn't as comforatble. It was actully very annoying.

"Sorry wolf 74, but I would get used to it being that tight, if I were you. After your first work session it will have to stay on that tight for a long time"

I whined at the idea of that.

"Bye" said the human.

No comments: