Monday, November 17, 2008

Chapter 5 The second dream

I had been brought back to the cell. I was trying to sleep again. It troubled me to know that this wasn't the life I had lived before. I fell into a fitful sleep. I had another dream about Moge, Salka, and Gart. They were surrounded by the Rebels. They were just sitting there they weren't fighting back or anything. They actually looked really sad.

Then Archy walked up to them. He said, "You said that you needed to find your brother correct?" Moge nodded. "Well I have talked to the other leader wolves and we have come to an agreement. The only way for you to find him is for only one of you to go and look. The only way to decide that is to have you . . ."

"Have us what" asked Moge.

"You three would have to fight to the death I am sad to say. That way there would be less of you being evil if your brother turns evil. Plus it would show who is the strongest to go and rescue him if he's in trouble"

"What we don't want to fight" said Salka.

"I'm sorry but you have to. Besides if your brother does turn evil one of you will live. If he turns evil and your will us. We would have to kill you"

Gart the one that is always brave and out there gulped. Moge looked at Archy straight in the eyes. A challenge. Salka looked away at the mention of kill.

"Why" said Gart

"Why what"

"Why do we have to kill each other. Where family. It's not fair"

"Life isn't fair young one and you may be family but those are the rules. So do you decide to fight each other or do you want to wait and see"

Moge looked at the ground. "We will fight"

"What" said Gart and Salka.

"The winner" continued Moge, "Will get feed before they leave and time to heal from any wounds"

"Well then it's settled" said Archy, "You shall all fight in about three days at sundown"

"OK" said Moge. Then Archy walked off.

"Moge what are you doing" asked Gart.

"I'm trying to do what's best for -." Blurred out again "You two must let me win"

"What" they both said.

"I am the oldest and have the best chance to save him. I understand that you two didn't get very long to live but you have to think of the world and not just yourselves in a situation like this"

"I understand" said Gart

"Me too" said Salka.

"In three days I want you two to put up a lousy fight. That way I can kill you two very fast. You will feel very little pain for a very little time"

"We understand" said Gart.

"It looks like are journey together is coming to and end" said Salka.

"Yes it is. No matter what happens in three days I want you two to know that I will always miss and love you"

"OK Moge"

Then the dream faded as I was woken up by a sound. It was a sound that had come from outside the cell. I pushed it away and went back to dream land. The dream I had would be a surprising one.

No comments: