Monday, November 17, 2008

Chapter 7 To work and retaliation

I was led down to the machine again and I was hooked up to the machine again like always. When the 'boss' wolf said to go everyone else pulled. I refused to. The gray wolf that was the 'boss' said, "You better get going" I just stood there. "I told you to go" As he nipped at my hindquarters. I jumped but I refused to move. "If that's how you want to do it" The gray wolf let out a short bark. A human came running in.

The human unbuckled me. The other wolves connected to the machine were looking at me. They were all whining. I looked right back at them. The human nudged me toward the gray wolf. He stood there like a tree. He wasn't going to back down. I stopped about two feet from the gray wolf. He stared at me. I knew what was going to happen.

The gray wolf lunged at me. He nipped around my neck. This made me drop my tail in between my legs. I waited for it. The gray wolf let out a growl. He bit my shoulder. This made me jump. The gray wolf looked at me. "Fine you want to have it that way. Hook him up to the running station" he said to the human.

The human tied a piece of rope around my neck and started to lead me to the other machine but the gray wolf stopped him and whispered something in his ear. The human nodded. He continued to lead me to the other machine. The wolves on it stopped and looked at me. They were tied to a pole at the front of the machine. This caused the wolves to run no matter what.

The knots that held the rope around there necks wasn't able to slip so that if one of them tripped they wouldn't strangle to death. The human took me on the huge track and tied the end of the rope to the pole at the front. We would run toward this. That would power the machine. I wasn't going to run. I would get hurt by the rope but it wouldn't strangle me. They would just let me off and take me back to my cell. This would make them have less power but it was a start.

Before we were to start running the human came over to me and adjusted the knot on the piece of rope around my neck. Then the other 'boss' wolf signaled for them to go. I stood my ground while the other wolves started to run. The rope became a little less curved in a second. I was ready for the pain of the rope against my flesh.

When the rope became tight I quickly relised that the human had adjusted the knot so that if I didn't run it would choke me. The wolves were running to fast and I quickly lost my footing. I started to get dragged on the moving track. I was starting to choke. The other wolves were looking at me.

The boss said, "Keep going. I don't care if he's in pain"

I struggled to get back up. The track was moving to fast for me to get back up. The rope around my neck kept getting tighter. I wasn't breathing anymore. The rope was digging into my neck. The boss wolf just started to laugh.

"I know that you know you have the power of the Nost. I also know that if you have the power you can't die unless it's your birthday"

I squirmed from the lack of air. I wasn't going to die! I was just going to struggle till I . . . . till I . . . I couldn't die! Out of desperation I got back on my feet and started to run. I looked at my fur. It was singed. It had been rubbed out completely in some places. The rope around my neck was still tight but not as tight as when I was getting dragged. I ran for almost eight hours as a punishment with the rope that would get tighter.

At the end of the eight hours I was only done because I passed out. For at the end of the eight hours a siren went off. One of the boss wolves yelled, "Yes it's complete" What he ment was that they had figured out how to erase wolves memory forever. After that I could only remember my legs buckling and getting choked some more. The pace then was a lot faster. The boss wolves didn't see me go down and I quickly passed out.

No comments: