Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chapter 4 The black wolf I saw

I had worked for seven days in a row. Each period of working was shorter. On the eighth day though I was surprised that we weren't working. It was a day off. Every wolf was put in the same room and we are able to relax and visit. I was just sitting in a corner. I didn't know any of the wolves here. I decided that the ones that did know me would come and find me and they could inform me a little better then the two leggers and other 'boss' wolves.

After about an hour a pair of wolves walked toward me. One was white and one was black. They didn't see me at first. When they did there tails went up and started to wag. They both started to run to me. I stood up. I was ready with questions.

They finally got to me and the black one said, "Finally. We were looking all over for you. We were beginning to think they didn't let you out"

"Do I know you" I asked.

"Don't you remember me. It wasn't to long ago"

Then I remembered the wolf from the first day after I woke up. "I remember you. Your wolf 1-"

"Don't call me that. I don't like getting called wolf 15 it's not my name. Please you must remember"

I thought for a moment. "I'm sorry but I don't"

"You don't remember me. You don't remember Issy or I" asked the white one. "We believed in you and thought you could do it and you lose your memory"

"Garth it's not his fault" Issy said, "Is it Tuff" I was hit by a wall. That name, that name it was so familiar. It was my name.

"I think it might be my fault. It's very distant but I fell like I somehow betrayed everyone"

"Ho-" said Issy but I cut him off.

"I can't remember I just have that feeling"

Issy seemed to be deep in thought. Then all of a sudden he said, "The meat"

"What" I asked.

"The meat. To erase the human's minds they feed them meat that has a special property in it. It has an effect on wolves but it only lasts for so long. Tuff have you felt dizzy after eating"

"Yeah why"

"That's it. In each piece of meat you eat they put the forgetting stuff in it. It has been slowly wearing off. That's why there working us so hard. When we work it's fueling there experiments and learning. Tuff for every cycle you turn and with every minute you run, which I haven't seen you do yet, you are fueling your own fate to forever lose your memory"

"What"

"Yes. That's why we pull all day long. We need to get the other wolves to stop also"

"Why"

"Because you are the only chance of us winning"

"Why"

"Because dude, you have the power of the Nost" Then after that Issy and Garth told me of the Nost. They also told me of what happened after I was taken away. That's all they could really tell me. After I was taken away. They had been tortured and put to work for endless hours. They were in the routine I am every day. Then almost right after they were done we were ordered to go through the doors were they would muzzle us and take us back to are cells. I had a lot to think about. I had though forgotten to ask them about dreams.

No comments: