Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chapter 19 In a way trapped but not

I was in a state of panic. My bottom jaw was held fast against my upper jaw. I couldn't get them apart and I couldn't pull the wire off. It was to close to my skin for my claws to grab it. I was running in no direction in particular. I was really just running around in circles. I knew that I couldn't hunt or eat. It was just a matter of time before I starved to death. I was still panicking when I heard the howl. It was Moge.

My heart fell even farther into myself. I couldn't howl back. To far to use the Nost to contact him unless I did another search wave. I was no were in control. I didn't want Stella to find out I had let myself get caught by a human. That would be to embarrassing. Instead I ran toward his howl.

It was hard to breath and run at the same time. The wire kept my muzzle shut forcing me to breath out my nose. The force of my breathing forced me to stop a lot. I was getting nowhere in all of time. Then I realised. Moge . . . can't help me with this one. I would need Stella's help to get it off.

Stella had humans. Her humans could probably get the wire off of my muzzle. I looked back at the distant mountain. It was going to be a two day trip without the wire muzzle from here. With it. A four day trip. I only had three days. Stella would come down and look for me. Or . . . bring my dad back from the past and kill him. This would cause me to never exist.

So with my muzzle wire shut. I started my long journey up to Stella's mountain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the fourth day I was so hungry. I was barly able to trot. The mountain was close and I could feel Stella's power coming off it. I wouldn't be able to climb the side. I was too weak. I was so weak I might as well be a wolf cub again. I started to just lay down and wait. Stella would problebly find me here and take me up. Then I got a flash from my past. It was changing.

I was looking through my own eyes but is seemed different. Like I was shorter. That was it. Stella hadn't gone back for Dad she had gone back for me! It was the time before the humans killed my family. I had wandered off chasing a butterfly. Then Stella appered right in front of me. I jumped back. Then she picked me up by my scruff in a flash. I let out a yowl. Then the scene changed. I was in her cave. There was a human there. He had a bag. I was shoved in it.

Then the neck of the bag closed. A long with all hope of escape. I let out another yowl of fear. Then I heard a muffled voice.

"There you are Stella. We have caught him" I wondered who.

"Well I guess I just went to the past for nothing. I guess I better send him back" Then all of a sudden I had the feeling of flight and I hit the ground. I was still in the bag. I let out some yowls. I heard the bag rip somewhere and mother was there.

Then my memory went back to normal. I woke up form the wierd vision. I looked at the mountain. I was now expecting Stella to come down. But she didn't. That night my stomach growled at me. I need food. I was so tired from the lack of food. Then I had an idea. What about the last power Stella had mentioned. It had to do with time travel. What if I just concentrated on my body for a sencong and in a way teleported out of the wire muzzle.

I tried this. It took a while but I felt a sinsation. I then saw a blaze of light. The wire muzzle fell off. When I got back to my time. I was happy that my muzzle wasn't wired shut anymore. Then I smelled deer meat. I was out of my wits at this point. I had used a lot of energy to get out of the muzzle. I walked over to the smell. There was a piece of meat hanging from a tree by a rope. I wasn't really thinking. I walked right under it to pounce. Then I felt something around my left hind leg. It wasn't another wire trap it was a rope. I was wiped into the air by my hind leg. I let out a yelp, and Stella walked out of the shadows.

No comments: