Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chapter 20 The meat

I started to thrash back and forth. I was in a sort of shock from being flung into the air so fast. Then a pain in my leg brought me back to reality. I stopped and hung there panting. I stopped and looked at Stella.

"Yeah I wouldn't move very much if I were you" said Stella with a sort of grin, "The more you move the more the pressure increases on your foot"



"Stella what are you doing" I asked.



"Oh well you didn't get here in time. I also knew you don't know how to hunt very well, and I guessed you must be hungry by now"



"Yes I'm very hungry"



"I could have guessed that. I saw your little act over there"



"You mean"



"Yes I know that you had your muzzle wired shut by a human. You don't have to be ashamed. You are young and don't know any better. Plus it was a hunter that came from a great family of wolf hunters. Just be glad you aren't dead"

"So what are you going to do to me" I glanced at some movement that was over by the tree. A boy had the rope in his hands and he was tieing the end of it to a branch. A watched with horror that the boy was almost done. The knot he was making was finished and sealed my fate to hand upside down.

"Oh, that is for me to know and for you to find out" I didn't like the sudden dark tone in her voice. I moved my head a little for I was spinning away from Stella and I wanted to see her at all times just in case. The little movement of my head caused the rope I was dangling from to tighten. I let out a yelp of pain.

"Please just let me down this is starting to hurt" The rope tightened again as I wiggled a little. I let out a growl that was a whine. I wasn't going to be able to take the pain much longer. Then from the corner of my eye I saw Stella smile. She was mind speaking! I reached out but all I got was, "-oy"

I looked at her. I was scared of what she was planning. I then heard a twig snap behind me. I couldn't turn to see it. I then felt a hard sharp push on my back. I swung. The rope tightened again. This was to much for me. I let out a series of yelps and I moved my body to try and bite the rope. I could only reach my hindquarters. This movement also added to the tightness. I let my body slump out again with another series of yelps. I stopped yelping a few minutes later. I hung there panting.

"Ok it's time" said Stella.

"Time for what" I asked.

"Time for you to forget" Then with a blast of light I remembered something from what seemed a long time ago. The words echoed, "We have caught human children, erased there memories and taught them how to speak wolf. For the wolf is always at the mercy of men"

"Wait. Are you going to erase my memories the same way you do the human children"

Stella smirked. "Yes" Then she nooded for the boy to come over. He had a piece of meat in his hands. Stella said, "Now boy feed this meat to the wolf hanging from the tree" The boy nooded back. He walked over to me.

"I won't eat it" I said.

"I can make you" I felt Stella in my mind. She was controling me. She opened my mouth and held it. Then when the meat pasted my lips she made me eat it. Then she left my mind. My mind swam. The memories were vanishing.

I started to yell, "I don't want to forget. I miss Moge. Who's Moge" The forgeting was painful. I tried to hold onto the memories. Histel vanished, so did Dad, and Mom, and Gart, and Salka. Then I forgot . . . who I was. Then with a moan I fainted and knew no more.

No comments: