Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chapter 18 Inside the Crest Valley

The sides of the valley were craggy and sharp. There was only one narrow path on which to travel on. You could fit three wolves side by side but at the danger of losing one. I looked down the steep sides that disappeared into nothingness. The side was lined with even more sharp pointy rocks. One slip and you would ether fall to your death, land on a stone pillar jutting out, or get cut up while your falling by the sharp pointy rocks. The sides were steep so if you did fall there would be no stopping it.

The mountain crest looked like spikes coming out of the mountains. Even though it was day time the valley seemed to be very very dark and gloomy. It made me feel really strong for the captives were shuddering and whimpering. There were very very very very old human homes made out of the surrounding earth. The valley seemed to stretch on forever. The harder you tried to see farther the more you thought you could see death.

The ground felt hard and unforgiving. Not like the earth of the forest and the land was barren with only a few small whithering tree here and there. The path we walked on was going down and seemed it would go down forever. Then if finally leveled out and there before us was a black earthed field. In the middle was an alter. It was made of just simple stone but anyone not just those with the Nost could feel the power coming off of it. It seemed to be the center of the universe. It was power and power was it. It seemed if anything were to touch it they would be turned to nothing and everything.

The sky seemed to darken even more as we got closer to it. The Balkas were ordered by my mother to leave for only her, me, and the captives could be there. Plus one human.

Mom said, "Now we must make one of the captives bleed and another one of them needs to be killed" She walked over to the Gray newcomer captive. "This is my Brother Bran" I seemed to be hit by a spark of some sort. "We need some blood that is related to us" She walked over to Moge. "We also need and innocence death to complete in and give us ultimate power" I was hit by another wave of spark. I just shock it off and ignored it.

"Now I shall start the ritural" said Mom, "To start it we need to howl a deep howl that no other has done. Then I shall continue the ceremony while you and the human watch over the captives and prepare the two to give up there blood" Mom and I howled then. It was erie and breathtaking to anyone within earshot. Then Mom continued the ritual while I got the captives ready. Moge looked at me with pleading eyes. I just ignored them.

Bran growled at me when I walked up to him. He had questioning eyes. I had no idea what he was wondering but I didn't need to know for we were almost done with him. Then he could live the rest of his life either a slave or one of the very few free wolves Mom was allowing. I looked over at Mom. She was ready.

No comments: