Friday, December 12, 2008

Chapter 17 The Outside of Crest Valley

After a few days of traveling we arrived at the Crest Valley. It had a dark veil behind it. It looked like the jaws of death in the sky. Mom turned to me and said, "Tuff I need you to stay here. I am going to intercept a new set of wolves from the south. Other Balkas are bringing them"

"Ok Mom" I said.

"You need to watch the slaves and humans also"

"Ok" Then Mom headed south to intercept the new comers.

It turned to the Balkas and Humans and said, "Balkas go and hunt three deer so that we can feed the slaves. Humans I want half of you to go and make spears out of branches" Both groups nodded and set to work. Now was the perfect time to inspect the slaves and how they lived really for I have never seen them resting. Actually the only time I had ever seen one was when I was training and torturing them. I walked over to them. I looked over there bodies. They were just laying there. Three wolves seemed to pop out to me. I recognised them. From my dreams.

The wolves were all different colors except one was really close to the other. One was white, one gray, and the other gray-black. I couldn't remember there names in till I realised that I was walking toward them. The gray-black ones name was Moge, the white ones Salka, and the other gray one Gart. I stopped right next to them. Moge looked up at me. His expression had been grim but then his expression turned to surprise then anger.

I looked at the she-wolf Salka. Her face was glum and when she saw me she looked away. Then I looked at Gart. Gart saw me look at him. He stood up and walked a little ways away. I turned my attention back to Moge. He looked still angry. I had an Idea. I was going to talk to him through the Nost. I reached for him mind.

Moge, it is nice to finally meet you in person.

What do you want you traitor.

I was slightly confused at this.

What do you mean?

You were on are side and then you turned evil.

I was even more confused.

Tell me what you know you flee-bitten mutt. I was now angry for he called me good.

Don't call me that Tuff. I don't want to ever see you again. You have betrayed us all and doomed us. Why did you do it. Why did you have to separate yourself from us.

I don't understand.

Of, course you wouldn't. You just want to be evil now because it feels so good and your so powerful. You are just like her. You are a little, evil, coyote.

Don't call me a coyote. You are the coyote in this situation. I could call back the Balkas and have them rip you to pieces alive.

Moge fell suddenly quiet. "Good" I snorted. I liked it that all the slaves muzzles were wired shut. This way we could just end a conversation when we didn't like it. I looked back at Moge. Then I felt anger in me for him calling me a coyote. I walked over and I put my muzzle to his. Then very wildly I nipped his nose. He let out a muffled yelp. Then I nudged him to make him roll over. Then I snapped at his reproduction area and he quiver. "Let that be a warning"

I walked a few feet away and lay down. Moge rolled back onto his stomach. He looked over at me. His ears were perked up. Then they slowly dropped. I lay my head on my front paws. I had grown bord with this job all ready. I should have had a Balkas stay here and watch them and I would go on the hunts. I sniffed at a rock near my muzzle. I snorted some dust away from me.

I looked at the sky then. I wondered. What was the sky made of and can a wolf ever touch it. I knew humans could with there huge flying metal birds. Then all of a sudden Mom appeared out of nowhere with the new captives. One was a pure white like Salka. The other was a gray like Gart. The new captives wagged there tails. I didn't like this for this showed happiness. I barred my teeth and growled at them. Their tails stopped immediately. Then Mom said, "Tuff it's time to head into the Crest Valley.

No comments: