Friday, January 16, 2009

Part 4 Chapter 1 The new old forest

I woke up. I had no idea where I was. I felt like I had been beaten up or something. I looked around. I was in the Crest Valley but everyone was gone. I smelt the air. There was only one scent I picked up on it. Wolf's Blood. I looked around. I could see no bloodshed here. Maybe the scent was being carried on the wind. I looked at the way I had come in. The earth now seemed to be lighter then it had before, or maybe it was the sunset. I followed the path back up and out of the Crest Valley.



I came over the edge and was surprised to see what I saw. The forest was smaller. But there had also been a recent fire. The fire had wiped out one half of this forest. I walked down into the part that hadn't been burned. I soon traveled to the deeper forest. I was looking around. I was looking for the injured wolf. I came to a huge hole in the ground. I peered inside and was horrified by what I found. Inside where 5 dead wolf pups all shot in the head. The intire earth seemed to move away from me. I walked on past it.


Well now I had the reason for the blood. But where and what time was I in. I knew I was in the same area as before but now everything was lighter due to the smaller trees and the ground wasn't as dark and wet it had been before.


The time part would be the hardest thing for me to find out. For I couldn't find a single wolf in a hundred mile radius. Where they were was a mystery to me. I contined to search. I searched the mountains and I search the feilds. I even went to Stella's mountain but when I got there no one was there either. But I knew I was in the past for the caves weren't there anymore. I left the mountain and went in search of other wolves yet again.

The sun was setting and I was getting tired. I layed down in a bunch of dead leaves that where on the ground. I let out a sigh as I relised I was totally confused. I soon fell into a fitful sleep. I had a dream of Moge. Of the last moment that I saw of him. Of him flying through the air before he disappeared from my view. Then the dream continued. He fell into the bottomless hole of the valley. I jumped in my sleep but was still unnerved by what I saw next. Stella walked over and laughed evilly and said, "It is done"

I woke up in the morning to gun shots. I stood up. I looked around but relised the gun shots where far off. I decided to check it out. I just didn't know this would be a big mistake.

No comments: